For those of you interested, this will be where I track my training for the 2009 Half Ironman in Lawrence, KS(June 14th). No, I've not done this before, not even olympic distance. I've done some sprints, but that's it. Yes, I know, I must be bananas…here goes nothing… scroll to the bottom to track my training…

ALSO: Please visit his my Grandfather’s tribute page to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association: Paul Eugene Trump

Friday, June 19, 2009

Done!!!

Hi All,

I'd like to thank everyone for your support before, during and after my race. I couldn't have done it without you guys at masters swim, friends, family and a special thanks to my parents for coming out race day to support me.

It came last Sunday after about 4 months of training and now it's over...I actually did it. I'm pretty proud of the accomplishment...it was quite an experience to say the least.

There were a couple minor snafus, but I won't bore you with the details. For the most part (and for it being my first) it went pretty well. As I expected, the swimming was my strong suit and the running was the worst part for me. I should have prepared a little differently for the running, but I got through it.

The day of the race, the site said there were 1924 total entries, 214 in my age group (30-34). After final posting (which supposedly lists only those that finished) there were 1493 total. 37 of those were professionals.

Here are my times and results:



Also, I'm proud to say, with the help of some very generous donations, we raised $1,145.00 for the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my grandfather. This is ongoing, for those of you that might still be interested, click here. A huge thank you to those who donated.

There are some pics down below for those interested.

I'm thinking I might be retired from this game, but it is less than a week after...I'll never say never...maybe when I'm retired some day. In the meantime, it's time to relax. :)

Thanks again!!
Josh

IronmanKS2009

No comments: